Low cost laptop owners deal with problems on their laptops all the time. One of the ideas of owning a product from a low cost brand is compromise between cost and durability. Another idea is to save money by doing all the repairs you can yourself. One of the most frequently asked questions by handy men on forums is “How to remove the bezel”.
First, you have to consider safety. Before doing any job on the hardware department, you have to unplug the power cord and remove the battery. Another thing is to be sure of what you should do for fixing the problem, because you might end up with more to reassemble than you should, and even cause some problems in areas you didn’t have to reach. Removing the Toshiba laptop bezel is useful only for repairs on the upper side of the laptop, the LCD area. Here, you can reach for repair the backlight, the inverter and the LCD screen. When it comes to tools, you need just a Philips screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver.
On Toshiba laptops, you will usually find four screws that secure the bezel. To reach the two on the top, remove the rubber bumpers that hide them. For the two bottom screws, you will have to remove the rectangular paste INS that hides them. After this, it shouldn’t be a problem unscrewing them, but be careful not to ruin the head, so use a screwdriver that matches.
Prying the plastic shell requires the flathead screwdriver and some force. You have to fit in the flathead when beginning to open the snap-together injection molding. Once you can see the snaps, you can act directly on them and it’s much easier.
The question now is if your problem is with the backlight or the inverter or the LCD. The first thing is to detach the backlight. Newer models of laptops don’t have a backlight because the new models of LCD don’t require one; it’s not a big deal, but an LCD with no backlight can save you battery life. You need a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two small screws from the backlight.
If the problem with your Toshiba laptop is the backlight, you should proceed by changing it. It’s no big deal; you just have to see how the old one was installed and repeat that. If the problem is the LCD or the inverter, forget the backlight and let’s go further. Now, we will proceed by removing the LCD. Whatever the problem is, you can resolve it now.
Replace the LCD screen or the inverter and resemble the laptop. It shouldn’t be hard if you follow the steps backward. For an inexperienced person or if this is the first time inside that laptop, this is the key: remember what you did when you disassembled the laptop in the first place and do it backwards. If you do it right, you shouldn’t have pieces left except the tools you used and the replacing piece or pieces.
Doing an operation like Removing the Toshiba laptop bezel shouldn’t require too much effort. You should know that all basic procedures when repairing a laptop are simple once you get used to it. If the laptop you are repairing is your own laptop it’s much easier because you know the laptop very well after you look inside it a couple of times and it gets easier every time.11
A Guide to help you decide what laptop to buy.I hope it will help.We will see how Toshiba laptops are compared to other brands.
More compact, aesthetic, consume less energy, mobile, laptops have many advantages and are gradually replacing desktops. From 7 to 22 inches, these machines can fit in your bag or never leave your office. Unlike desktop computers are not scalable: it is therefore necessary to define your needs initially to make the right choice.
What do you do with your machine? Playing, working, surfing the internet, mount the HD movie on your last vacation? Question not alternative: would you take this machine in your daily travel?If you can answer these two questions, 75% of the selection work is done!
Netbooks – ultra-mobile machine
A netbook complements a first machine or laptop. Very light and with self-record (more than 5 hours), netbooks offer in return for poor performance and ease of use on their small keyboards linked. Do not place too much faith in their abilities, you’d be disappointed. Keep in mind that they are primarily used for three purposes: office, internet surfing and video. A detail that is important: they have no optical drive.
1st prize (<500 euros) - mainly Office
A laptop can go below 500 euros. Warning, these machines are relatively heavy and generally offer low average overall performance. Designed primarily for desktop use (text editor, Internet surfing), they can also be used to edit movies or edit your photos. This provided to be patient. The diagonal screen the most frequent in this segment are 15 inches and 17 inches.The latter have the advantage of taking up a larger keyboard and usually a pad handy to work.Equipped with very modest graphics chips, they are confined to solitary and very few games claimants 3D resources.
The best quality / price € 890-1290 – Multi-purpose and replacement of desktop.
Increase the budget compared to entry-level machine offers several advantages. A quick turnaround on the increase, the most modern sockets (HDMI port of arrival for example) and more comfort in games. All diagonal screen, 12 to 18 inches, are available in this price range.For mobile use, set your limit to 13 inches. In addition, the models become portable. You can always take them with you, but the effort required is much greater.11
The Gateway HD 2200 is a monitor designed to equip Gateway desktops. What makes the Gateway HD 2200 so special is the huge diagonal of 22 inches; that makes it one of the largest monitors released on the market. Although it was designed for desktops, the Gateway HD 2200 made itself one of the best candidates for being an accessory for laptops.
The fact is that the Gateway HD 2200 is the perfect external monitor for a Toshiba laptop. One of the compromises of having a laptop is dealing with the small display, which goes up to 17 inches on the larger models. When you own a 13 inch model or a 15 inch model, you can’t be that comfortable using it as an entertainment unit, especially when you want to watch a movie with some friends. Installing a Gateway HD 2200 on your Toshiba laptop may save you a lot or trouble.
Installing a Gateway HD 2200 as an external monitor on your Toshiba laptop is not hard. In fact, this is one of the simplest things to install on a laptop. You need to find the HDMI or VGA input on the laptop’s back. The HDMI input has the shape of a trapeze and 15 pins. You can’t miss it because of the shape and the color; it’s usually colored differently than the rest (green, yellow, blue and so on). The Gateway monitor comes with a HDMI cable; if it doesn’t, you can find one in any IT or electronics store.
You just connect the external monitor to the Toshiba laptop through the HDMI cable and that is all the hardware work you need to do. Sometimes this is enough to get the signal on the external monitor, but not always; you might have to do some changes to the settings of the laptop. You have to work with the Fn key in combination with F3, F5, F8 or F9 depending on the model of the laptop. You can detect which one simply by looking on the F keys; you will find printed on the key a small icon that symbolizes the shortcut it meets when pressing in combination with the Fn key; when you see a little monitor printed on the key, stop there.
If you can’t see which one is the key you need, Google search the Fn combinations for your model of laptop. If you want image on both displays (the laptop display and the Gateway external monitor) you have to press the combination just once. If you want the image just on the external monitor, press the combination twice. This will assure you the image is displayed how you want. Pressing the combination the third time, the image will return on the Toshiba LCD display, disabling the external monitor. Knowing how large the external monitor is compared to the laptop display, you probably need to change the resolution.
To do that, you have to enter display settings (in the Control Panel under Appearance or right click directly on the desktop background, Properties, under Settings you will find Screen Resolution and adjust the resolution how you see fit). The operating system doesn’t require additional software for installing a Gateway HD 2200 on your Toshiba laptop; you just have to follow the steps written above.11
Published by OnlyBestLaptops, on Nov 05 2010, in the categories: How To
A Toshiba portable computer (Laptop or notebook) uses technology similar to that of a desktop PC, but with major adaptations. The comparison with a desktop PC is also difficult to compare a computer with a network server. They use equivalent components, that’s all.
For this type of machine, the user searches: weight and minimum dimensions and autonomy (no grid). The performance does not necessarily fall into play (though this is relative). All current models include a CD / DVD, wireless and TV son.
2. Overview of components of a laptop.
The mechanical diagram below is an old IBM Thinkpad. It consists of:
23. A motherboard devices including input / output graphics card, USB port, chipset, Controller E-IDE or Serial ATA (disk to the old model, replaced by external USB). The older models also resumed parallel and serial ports. The motherboard, shape, size, location and external ports Fixings (including CPU fan) specific model.
24. A processor on a socket or soldered onto the motherboard (not replacement). The microprocessor is movable type with internal mechanisms to reduce consumption. On older models used a standard processor with a higher consumption and heating problems.Techniques to reduce consumption is to reduce the voltage and frequency depending on CPU load. A fan-specific model is usually used.
14. A hard drive E-IDE or SATA drives with a size of 2 “5 (standard computers use disks from 3″ 5). The rate is also lower, 5400 rpm more often cons 7200 for those used in the towers. The connectors are also different. There are external USB adapters to use disk 2 “5 in a standard tower and recover the data. They are most often set using a framework of specific binding.
25. A reader / DVD burner in its arch mechanical fixing format Slim. The operation is identical to that of a standard model but the connection, dimensions and fasteners are different.
Memory RAM So-DIMM type. Normally two connectors, usually directly accessible by unscrewing a cover at the bottom. Sometimes a connector is inserted under the keyboard and another directly accessible by returning the laptop.
1. An LCD screen incorporating the Inverter (voltage converter) coupled to a clock synthesizer (frequency generator) and the slab.
. A battery. It allows an autonomy up to 4 to 5 hours of processor type and size of the screen, up to 8 hours for the Netbook.
. Feeding directly on the motherboard also used a battery charger.
. NIC without a son, possibly blue-tooth and an Ethernet card.
All components are integrated into a housing which is sometimes also cooler by connecting to a radiator.
Disassemble your laptop by both parties, the hard drive, RAM and modem – wireless network son are often directly accessible by unscrewing the plates underneath the laptop. For cons, the processor and the cooling part are often inserted under the keyboard. You need to eclipse the cache between the keyboard and screen to begin. Before handling hardware, remove the battery and the socket to avoid damaging the electronics.
All internal components are most often specific to the manufacturer and model of notebook: repairing a laptop often requires referral to the manufacturer for failure. The prices are often at too high a simple CPU fan comes easily to 80 €, is an example that speaks volumes.
Basically, the only real possible without repair by the manufacturer are:
* Hard drive, these are standard components. Attention to capacity limits.
* Strips memories (but beware of specific connectors)
* The drive but again, not all are recognized by the BIOS.
Beware, if returned to the manufacturer, the drive is often formatted data must be saved before.11
Published by OnlyBestLaptops, on Nov 05 2010, in the categories: How To
If your computer screen is blurry and the keyboard is sticky, or worse, gets stuck as you type, it is time for some cleaning.
Fortunately, in most cases it only takes a few minutes to clean a computer screen and keyboard.
That’s what you need:
1. Turn off and unplug your laptop and then wait one or two minutes to cool. Note that cleaning a computer screen while the system is activated, could damage the laptop.
2. To clean the laptop screen, it might be enough to wipe gently with a damp cloth free as an old t-shirt in cotton or better yet a micro fiber wipe. With a paper towel instead could cause scratches and leave the paper on the lint screen. Be sure to squeeze all the excess moisture when wiping.
3. If the screen is still dirty,search for a solution in the product’s manual beacause there should be clues of wich cleaning product to use with your laptop. Do not use alcohol or ammonia (like Windex) based cleaners unless specifically recommended by your manufacturer. Note that some cleaning products are designated screen-based alcohol and May of damaging your screen. For example, matte and shiny screens have different characteristics, and what is safe for one type may not be safe for another. Monster AI ICLN-S + iClean Screen Cleaner Kit (link available below) is an alcohol and ammonia free cleaner that should be safe for any laptop screen.
4. Once you’ve found a good cleaning, spray some on the cleaning cloth, then gently wipe the screen. Never spray the cleaner directly on the screen.
5. To clean the laptop keyboard, start by wiping with a damp cloth. Do not use any screen or household cleaners on the keyboard. These cleaners contain solvents late May until the abolition of painting such as the characters on your keys!
6. When you’re wiping the keyboard, it’s okay to drive a little, or gently rub a small area to remove any stickiness donut you may have received on this subject. Do not smear general, however, or you may have some key stand.
7. Remove any crumbs or debris using a brush or compressed air, then wipe the keyboard with a damp cloth again.
8. If there was a major spill on the keyboard, the above steps will not be sufficient to get the laptop working properly again. Again, search the manual for usefull solutions and if the keys can be removed for cleaning and follow the instructions. Professional help may be required to get this problem solved.
9. Finally, wipe off any remaining moisture with a dry cloth and / or leave the laptop open for a little while. This is not a good idea to close the lid for some moisture remains.
Do not clean your laptop computer while the system is turned on.11